We care about your data safety
Last updated: 9/1/2022
We collect, use and are responsible for certain Personal Data about You. When We do so We are subject to various laws in the United States UK General Data Protection Regulation, and the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union, and We are responsible as “controller” of that Personal Data for the purposes of those laws.
COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
We may collect and use the following personal data that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonable capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Data”)
|Categories of Personal Data
|Specific Types of Personal Data Collected
|Identifiers (e.g., a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers)
|Real name, postal address, email address, phone number
|Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
|Real name, email, phone number, postal address, birthday, self-reported injuries
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
|Commercial information (e.g., products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
|Workout history, transaction history for products and services purchased or refunded
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement)
|Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Site that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When You access the Site by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
|Information regarding Your physical location
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
|Pictures and other information from Your Device’s camera and photo library that You upload to the Site
|Professional or employment-related information
|Gym ownership, gym name, coach certifications
|Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
|Sensitive Personal Data (e.g. Personal Data that reveals: (A) A person’s social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; (B) A person’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; (C) A person’s precise geolocation; (D) A person’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; (E) The contents of a person’s mail, email, and text messages unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication; (F) A person’s genetic data, including, the processing of biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying a consumer Personal Data collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s health, or Personal Data collected and analyzed concerning a Consumer’s sex life or sexual orientation.)
|Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
This Personal Data is required to provide Our Site to You. If You do not provide Personal Data We ask for, it may delay or prevent Us from providing products and/or services to You.
TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND COOKIES
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of Our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on Our Site. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of Our Site and Our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your Device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. You can learn more about cookies here: All About Cookies by TermsFeed.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with the core functionality of Our Site and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow Us to remember choices You make when You use the Site, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Site. These cookies are nonessential to the use of Our Site, however, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Site and how users use the Site. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify You as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device You use to access the Site. We may also use these Cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how Our users react to them. These cookies are nonessential to the use of Our Site, however, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Advertising Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to You. They prevent the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensure that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases select advertisements that are based on Your interests. Our Company sometimes shares online data collected through these Cookies with Our advertising partners. This means that when You visit another Site, You may be shown advertising based on Your browsing patterns on Our Site. If You would like to learn more about the third party advertisers that may be aware of the fact that You visit the Site, and to understand Your choices about having such advertisers’ cookies turned off, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, http://www.youronlinechoices.com/, or http://www.networkadvertising.org/.
- Analytics and Customization Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: Our Company uses these Cookies and technologies to analyze how the Site is accessed, used, or performing in order to improve Your user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the Site. For example, We use Google Analytics on the Site to collect: page url/page title and user browser/system information, which includes browser type, referrer, language, java/flash support, IP address, and ad-serving data. For information on how We use Google Analytics, see the “Analytics” Section below.
- Social Media Cookies
Administered by: Us and Third-Parties
Purpose: These are Cookies used to connect Our Site to a third-party social media platform. For example, these Cookies enable You to share Our Site’s content through third-party social networks and other websites. They remember Your details after You sign in to a social media account from a website. These Cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
- Unclassified Cookies – These are Cookies that have not yet been categorized. We are in the process of classifying these Cookies with the help of their providers.
How your Personal Information is Collected
We collect most of this Personal Data directly from You—in person, by telephone, text or email and via Our Site. However, We may also collect information:
- From publicly accessible sources (e.g., property records);
- Directly from a third party (e.g., sanctions screening providers, credit reporting agencies, or customer due diligence providers);
- From a third party with Your consent (e.g., Social Media Services, as detailed below);
- From Cookies on Our Site; and
- Via Our IT systems, including automated monitoring of Our Site and other technical systems, such as Our computer networks and connections, communications systems, email and instant messaging systems.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES
The Company allows You to create an account and log in to use the Site through the following third-party social media services:
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant Us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, We may collect Personal data that is already associated with Your Third-Party Social Media Service’s account, such as Your name, Your email address, or Your activities associated with that account.
How and Why we Use Your Personal Data
Under data protection law, We can only use Your Personal Data if We have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.:
- To comply with Our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the performance of Our contract with You or to take steps at Your request before entering into a contract;
- For Our legitimate interests or those of a third party, including to minimize fraud that could be damaging for Us and for You, to make sure We are following Our own internal procedures so We can deliver the best service to You, to be as efficient as We can so We can deliver the best service for You at the best price, to protect trade secrets and other commercially valuable information, to prevent and detect criminal activity that could be damaging for Us and for You, making sure that We can keep in touch with Our customers about existing services and new services, to make sure We are following Our own internal procedures and working efficiently so We can deliver the best service to You, to promote Our business to existing and former customers, to ensure Our customers are likely to be able to pay for Our products and services, or
- Where You have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when We have a business or commercial reason to use Your Personal Data, so long as this is not overridden by Your own rights and interests.
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Site for the performance of Our contract with You or to take steps at Your request before entering into a contract.
- To manage Your account: to manage To maintain Your registration as a user of the Site for the performance of Our contract with You or to take steps at Your request before entering into a contract. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Site that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products and items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Site.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications for Our legitimate interests or those of a third party related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which We or Our business partners offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information for Our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us. Our legitimate interests or those of a third party
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, for Our legitimate interests or those of a third party and in which Personal Data held by Us about Our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Site, products, services, marketing and Your experience for Our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
The above information does not apply to special category Personal Data, which We will only process with your explicit consent.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
We may use Email Marketing service providers to manage and send emails to You.
Mailchimp is an email marketing sending service provided by The Rocket Science Group LLC.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Site. In that case, We may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where Your Personal Information is Held
Information may be held at Our offices and those of Our affiliates, group companies, business partners, third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described below (see below: “DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA”).
Some of these third parties may be based outside the country where We originally collected Your Personal Data. For more information, including on how We safeguard Your Personal Data when this occurs, see below: “TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA”
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction. These transfers may be subject to special rules under local data protection law.
These outside do not have the same data protection laws as the country where We originally collected the Personal Data. In particular, You are advised that the United States of America uses a sectoral model of privacy protection that relies on a mix of legislation, governmental regulation, and self-regulation. We will, however, ensure the transfer complies with data protection law and all Personal Data will be secure. If You are located outside the United States, We will only transfer Your Personal Data if:
- You provide Your explicit consent;
- the country to which the Personal Data will be transferred has been granted an appropriate adequacy decision by Your local supervisory authority; or
- We have put in place appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer, for example We have entered into the appropriate standard contractual clauses and required additional safeguards with the recipient, or the recipient is a party to binding corporate rules approved by a supervisory authority.
If You do not want Your Personal Data transferred to the United States of America and any other country where We operate, please do not submit any information to Us or use Our services. If You would like further information, please contact Us (see “Contact Us” below).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share Your Personal Data in the following situations:
- With service providers: We may share Your Personal Data with service providers to help Us deliver Our products and/or services to You and to monitor and analyze the use of Our Site.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other third parties We use to help Us run Our business, such as marketing agencies or website hosts
- With third parties approved by You, including social media sites You choose to link Your account to or a third-party payment provider.
- With other users: when You share Personal Data or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your Personal Data for any other purpose with Your consent.
We only allow Our service providers to handle Your Personal Data if We are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect Your Personal Data. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers to ensure they can only use Your Personal Data to provide services to Us and to You.
We will not share Your Personal Data with any other third party without Your consent.
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
OTHER LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Site or the public
- Protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative means to protect Your Personal Data from unauthorized use, access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We endeavor to protect the Personal Data We receive, gather and store, by such means as password protection, firewalls and other means. We limit access to Your Personal Data to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing Your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also require that third party service providers acting on Our behalf or with whom We share Your information also provide appropriate security measures in accordance with industry standards. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify You and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so. We cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any such transmission of Personal Data by You over the internet is at Your own risk.
FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
DATA CONTROLLER FOR THE FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
The Company is the data controller of Your Personal Data collected while using the Site. As operator of the public profile named Stream Fitness specifically created by the Company on the Facebook social network (the “Facebook Fan Page”) accessible from https://facebook.com/streamfit.live, the Company and the operator of the social network Facebook are joint controllers.
The Company has entered into agreements with Facebook that define the terms for use of the Facebook Fan Page, among other things. These terms are mostly based on the Facebook Terms of Service: https://www.facebook.com/terms.php
We use the Facebook Insights function in connection with the operation of the Facebook Fan Page and on the basis of the GDPR, in order to obtain anonymized statistical data about Our users.
For this purpose, Facebook places a Cookie on the Device of the user visiting Our Facebook Fan Page. Each Cookie contains a unique identifier code and remains active for a period of two years, except when it is deleted before the end of this period.
Facebook receives, records and processes the information stored in the Cookie, especially when the user visits the Facebook services, services that are provided by other members of the Facebook Fan Page and services by other companies that use Facebook services.
Children and our Site.
Our Site is not directed to children, and You may not use Our Site if You are under the age of 18. If You are under 18, do not use Our services, access the Site, or provide any information about Yourself including, without limitation, Your name, address, email address or any screen name or user name You may use. If We learn that We have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, We will purge such information from Our database and cancel the corresponding accounts. If You believe We may have any information from or about a child under 13, please see Our “Contact Us” Section below. Please visit the FTC’s website at www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
CANADA’S PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION AND ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER canada’s personal information protection and electronic documents act (pipeda)
You may have the following rights under PIPEDA:
- You have a right to know how Your Personal Data will be used. We will explain why We need Your Personal Data before or when We collect it, if the purpose is not already clear.
- We will collect Personal Data only for the purposes We’ve identified or for the primary uses described above. We shall collect information by fair and lawful means only.
- We will not use or disclose Your Personal Data other than for the purposes for which it was collected unless We receive Your consent or unless We are required or permitted to by law.
- We will keep Your Personal Data only for as long as it needs to for the purposes identified above, as required by law, or as necessary to resolve any disputes You may have concerning our services. We will follow internally set guidelines and use care in the disposal, destruction, or de-identification of Personal Data to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to such Personal Data.
- We will maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date Personal Data as required for the identified purposes associated with its collection. Please let us know if Your contact or other Personal Data changes.
- Upon Your written request, and subject to exceptions as permitted or mandated by law, We will inform You of the existence, use and disclosure of Your Personal Data and will give You access to that Personal Data. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of Your Personal Data and have it amended as appropriate.
EXERCISING OF YOUR PIPEDA DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You may exercise Your rights of access and rectification by contacting Us. Please note that We may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try Our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
We maintain procedures for addressing and responding to all inquiries or complaints from You about our handling of Personal Data. We will inform individuals who make inquiries or lodge complaints of the existence of relevant complaint procedures. We may seek external advice where appropriate before providing a final response to individual complaints. We shall investigate all complaints. If a complaint is found to be justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending our policies and procedures.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to be provided with a copy of Your Personal Data. Whenever made possible, You can access Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If You are unable to perform this actions Yourself, please contact Us to assist You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to Our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object at any time where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using Your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Site.
- Right Not to be Subject to Automated Individual Decision-Making. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning You or similarly significantly affects You.
EXERCISING OF YOUR GDPR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that We may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try Our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
We hope that We can resolve any inquiry or concern You raise about Our use of Your Personal Data. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority in the European Union (or the European Economic Area) where You work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
This privacy notice section for California Consumers supplements the information contained above and it applies solely to California Consumers. A Consumer, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means a natural person who is a California resident. A resident, as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES
We may use or disclose and may have used or disclosed in the last twelve (12) months the following categories of Personal Data for business or commercial purposes:
- Category A: Identifiers
- Category B: Personal Data categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
- Category D: Commercial information
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity
- Category G: Geolocation data
Please note that the categories listed above are those defined in the CCPA. This does not mean that all examples of that category of Personal Data were in fact disclosed, but reflects Our good faith belief to the best of Our knowledge that some of the Personal Data from the applicable category may be and may have been disclosed.
When We disclose Personal Data for a business purpose or a commercial purpose, We enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Data confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As defined in the CCPA, “sell” and “sale” mean selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer’s Personal Data to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. This means that We may have received some kind of benefit in return for sharing Personal Data, but not necessarily a monetary benefit.
Please note that the categories listed below are those defined in the CCPA. This does not mean that all examples of that category of Personal Data were in fact sold, but reflects Our good faith belief to the best of Our knowledge that some of the Personal Data from the applicable category may be and may have been shared for value in return.
We may sell and may have sold in the last twelve (12) months the following categories of Personal Data:
- Category A: Identifiers
- Category B: Personal Data categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
- Category D: Commercial information
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity
- Category G: Geolocation data
SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OF MINORS UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE
We do not sell the Personal Data of Consumers We actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless We receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the Consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a Consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to the sale of Personal Data may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, You (or Your authorized representative) may submit a request to Us by contacting Us using one of the methods described below under “EXERCISING YOUR CCPA DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS”.
If You have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 (or 16) has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us with sufficient detail to enable Us to delete that Personal Data.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
The CCPA provides California Consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Data. If You are a California Consumer, You have the following rights:
- Right of Disclosure. You have the right to know:
- The categories of Personal Data We collected about You
- The categories of sources for the Personal Data We collected about You
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Data
- The categories of third parties with whom We share that Personal Data, if any, and
- The specific pieces of Personal Data We collected about You
- If We sold Your Personal Data or disclosed Your Personal Data for a business purpose, You have the right o know:
- The categories of Personal Data that We sold and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal data was sold; and
- The categories of Personal Data that We disclosed
- The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data (opt-out). You have the right to direct Us to not sell Your Personal Data. If You exercise Your right to opt-out of the sale of Your Personal Data, We will refrain from selling Your Personal Data, unless You subsequently provide express authorization for the sale of Your Personal Data. To submit an opt-out request please contact Us as described in the “DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION” Section below.
- If We collect or process sensitive Personal Data, You have the right to limit use and disclosure of Sensitive Personal Data. You have the right to opt-out of the use and disclosure of Your sensitive Personal Data for anything other than supplying requested goods or services.
- The right to correction. You have the right to request correction of inaccurate Personal Data maintained by Us about You. Upon receipt of a verifiable request from You, We will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate Personal Data.
- The right to delete Personal Data. You have the right to request the deletion of Your Personal Data, subject to certain exceptions. Once We receive and confirm Your request, We will delete (and direct Our service providers to delete) Your Personal Data from Our (and Our service provider’s) records, unless an exception applies. We may deny Your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for Us or Our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which We collected the Personal Data, provide a good or service that You requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of Our ongoing business relationship with You, or otherwise perform Our contract with You.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another Consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if You previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with Your expectations based on Your relationship with Us.
- Comply with an existing legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that Personal Data that are compatible with the context in which You provided it.
- The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of Your consumer’s rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to You;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You; or
- Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Please note that We may charge a different price or rate or provide a different level or quality of goods and/or services to You, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to Our business by Your Personal Data.
EXERCISING YOUR CCPA DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
In order to exercise any of Your rights under the CCPA, and if You are a California resident, You can contact Us by email: email@example.com or toll free at (877) 563-4393
Only You, or a person or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State that You authorize to act on Your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to Your Personal Data.
Your request to Us must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows Us to reasonably verify You are the person about whom We collected Personal Data or an authorized representative
- Describe Your request with sufficient detail that allows Us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it
We cannot respond to Your request or provide You with the required information if We cannot:
- Verify Your identity or authority to make the request
- And confirm that the Personal Data relates to You
We will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving Your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonable necessary and with prior notice.
Any disclosures We provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable request’s receipt. Please note that You may only make a CCPA-related data access or data portability disclosure request twice within a 12-month period.
For data portability requests, We will select a format to provide Your Personal Data that is readily useable and should allow You to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if We cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom We collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of Your Personal Data. Once We receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from You, We will stop selling Your Personal Data. To exercise Your right to opt-out, please contact Us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by click on the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link here https://streamfit.com/opt-out
The service providers We partner with (for example, Our analytics or advertising partners) may use technology on the Site that sells Personal Data as defined by the CCPA law. If You wish to opt out of the use of Your Personal Data for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, You may do so by following the instructions below.
“DO NOT TRACK” POLICY AS REQUIRED BY CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (CALOPPA)
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third party websites do keep track of Your browsing activities. If You are visiting such websites, You can set Your preferences in Your web browser to inform websites that You do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of Your web browser.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (CALIFORNIA’S SHINE THE LIGHT LAW)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with Us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If You’d like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if You are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR MINOR USERS (CALIFORNIA BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS CODE SECTION 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if You are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with Your account.
Be aware that Your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party websites or services. This is not as an endorsement by Us of any third party website, content that may be offered on such third party website, or of any products or services provided by such third party. You should contact the site administrator for such third party website if You have any complaints, claims, concerns or questions regarding such third party website or its privacy practices.